Senior Hardware/Electrical Engineer
Nymi was founded in 2011 with the belief that innovation is rooted in a deep sense of curiosity. Curiosity around biometrics and connected devices drove innovation in our space - identity, security and IoT.
We are backed by leading VCs and are building innovative wearable identity and security products. Our first product is the Nymi Band, a unique wearable that authenticates the wearer using their cardiac signal (ECG) to provide continuous authenticated presence in smart environments. Nymi enables wireless user proximity & presence solutions, removing the need for physical interaction with IoT, mobile and computer applications for identification, non-repudiation, personalization and intent for any transactions.
Our high-performance team includes a stimulating span of people across hardware, software, and machine learning, all working to bring the digital and physical world together. Our complex ecosystem blends wearable devices & apps for our users and advanced integration with physical devices of our customers and partners who leverage our SDKs. We work with bio-potential sensors, microcontrollers, NFC, BLE, accelerometers, PCBs, circuit simulation and more in building our current and next generation products. This is not your typical SaaS environment.
Building robust and reliable products in this ecosystem requires a highly-integrated product development lifecycle. We use lean principles and test-driven development from conception through to acceptance testing and customer support.
Now imagine contributing in this environment every day. You would be gaining experience in the burgeoning IoT industry and acquiring experience and skills that prepare you for the future. If you are anything like us — dedicated to creating things that will make the world a more secure and convenient place to live — Nymi could be the right place for you.
Nymi is looking for a talented and motivated electrical engineer to join the Hardware and Manufacturing. This full-time position located in the heart of downtown Toronto, will focus on the research and development of next generation hardware product, from concept to mass production requires an individual who is professional, detail-oriented, and is an agile team player.
- Research state of the art technologies for wearable tech applications
- Lead development of hardware-related research projects for next-generation product
- Opportunity to lead junior level engineers and co-ops to support R&D efforts
- Design for testing and manufacturing, and leading product compliance
- Assist with manufacturing programs including on-site support to ensure product meets quality, cost and schedule targets
- Hands-on bread-boarding and prototyping of electro-mechanical systems
- Circuit design to support product development including block diagrams, schematic entry, layout, and BOM management
- Firmware/Software development to support product and testing infrastructure
- Evaluation of prototype, pre-production and production designs to meet
- Collaborate with industrial/mechanical designers, as well as firmware/software/QA teams
- Master’s degree (M.A.Sc.) in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar, or B.A.SC. with 4+ years of experience in consumer/enterprise electronics design and development
- Well-rounded in hardware and software disciplines
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience with analog, digital and mixed-signal electronics
- Familiar with PCB design (Altium) and circuit simulation tools (Spice)
- Experience with embedded software development (C, C++, Python) and source
control tools (Git)
- Experience with electronics lab equipment (oscilloscopes, soldering iron, etc.)
- Comfortable working independently, being hands-on and taking ownership of critical
- Familiar with Agile and Waterfall workflows
- Experience with RF design and bio-potential sensors an asset
- Understanding mechanical drawing and schematics an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Word/Excel/Visio) an asset
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills a must
Additional Application InstructionsApplicants should submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the email's subject line.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Senior Java Engineer, Server-Based Marketing SystemsBrick Street SoftwareTorontoFeb 01
Senior Front-End DeveloperWaveTorontoFeb 12
DevOps EngineerMavencareTorontoFeb 24
Sr. Platform EngineerBlendTorontoMar 06
Sr. Backend EngineergdR | Grossman Dorland RecruitingTorontoJan 24