Full Stack Developer for Early, Venture-Backed Business
What We Do
Finaeo is building an AI-enabled CRM for insurance advisors. The goal is to enable the 1M+ advisors in North America to compete with a new slew of tech players trying to disrupt them. We do this by building a user-friendly CRM platform that will focus on automation and nudging advisors towards best practices. The longterm goal is to connect directly to insurance suppliers. By doing so, we will gain access to enormous amounts of both client and product data, allowing us to sit in the middle and help push advisors towards upsell opportunities.
We are a relatively young company, having launched in February of 2016. However, we have over thirty years of experience in all levels of the insurance industry through the management team. This has allowed us to rapidly prove out the concept, and has garnered us immense amounts of attention from venture capital. We are currently well-funded and are currently closing a seed-stage venture round. We are looking to grow our team from two developers to four.
We also cook delicious lunches on our demo days as a team (well, two of our team members cook, you don't have to)!
- All for one and one for all (team, team, team)
- We build really cool stuff
- Healthy fear of our impending doom by AI overlords
- Doers, not speakers (except for our sales team)
- Take it, own it, love it
Who You Are
We are looking for a top-notch Full Stack Developer who is eager to join a young, venture-backed business which is well-positioned to disrupt the insurance supply chain in Canada and the US. This is the opportunity to be on the ground floor of an early stage rocket-ship and play a pivotal role in building something truly awesome. If you're the kind of person who really wants to build great things, you're the kind of person we're looking for!
We offer an informal work environment with a "just do it" attitude. We are seeking people that are passionate about development, take pride and ownership in their work, and know how to work with others. We respect our team members and are seeking the very best talent to bring our product to the next level.
The opportunity here is to be an early team member on a venture-backed business with huge growth potential. As such, we need autonomous people who are able to take positive initiative and help us hit our development goals. We have an early SaaS platform, but are rapidly iterating on client feedback!
Likewise, we believe a big part of building great teams is helping people grow. And due to the high-speed nature of startups, we will offer plenty of opportunities to help you build out your career. Whether you want to be an individual contributor, run a development team, or laterally move into a different facet of the business, we will work closely with you to make sure you succeed!
This role is primarily in Toronto but more flexible remote and onsite work schedules are available.
- Build on a current Production SaaS environment and bring our future UI/UX designs to life for an awesome web and mobile browser app experience
- Design, develop, and deploy of Angular web applications using the C# and Node.JS programming languages
- Fluent with the administration of Amazon AWS and CloudFlare platforms including domain management of DNS, and email routing and configuration
- Develop with current security and data protection schemes as paramount
- In addition or alternatively, assist with design, development, and deployment of mobile applications in both Android and iOS
- Work alongside other full stack and mobile developers and assist in helping to merge and deploy releases
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to team and mentor junior developers
- Document software after development for business use
Education and Experience
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years combined experience as frontend and backend developer
- Proven programming experience in C#, Angular, HTML, CSS, My-SQL, Node.JS
- Knowledge and experience with Amazon AWS services and message queues
- 2 or more years working within an Agile/Scrum team
- Experience building API-driven systems and mapping between disparate systems
- Experience with .net webhooks
- Experience with chat-bot technology a plus
- Experience with machine learning a plus
- Experience with GitHub
- Certifications in related technical fields a plus
- Mobile application development experience a plus
- Team leadership experience a plus
- Team coaching a plus
- Full Stack Development: 5 years
- Agile/Scrum process: 2 years
- Salary commensurate with experience and skillset
- Job Type: Full-Time