Digital Marketing Manager
Canada’s existing federal medical cannabis program is the most sophisticated and advanced in the world, and with a government that has pledged to put forth legislation legalizing cannabis for recreational use this spring, Canada is poised to be the largest federally-regulated system and will set the global standard for all other nations to follow - and Lift (www.lift.co) is positioned at the centre of it all.
While access to cannabis has never been greater, confusion abounds for consumers looking to determine if (a) cannabis is right for them; and (b) which product in particular will best satisfy their needs. Founded in 2014, Lift has quickly become Canada’s leading resource for cannabis education and product information. By utilizing the right mix of media and technology solutions, Lift creates informed cannabis consumers and equips them with the confidence to make the best purchase decisions for their needs.
We’ve recently set up a new head office in Toronto (Queen and Spadina) and are expanding our team. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, and entrepreneurial Social Media Manager.
This role is one part Social Media Manager, one part Content Marketer, one part Growth Marketer. You will help grow our audience and users through the many channels available to reach our target demographic. You will develop a strategy to get our most value pieces of content out to the world to better inform and educate those new to cannabis. You will think of innovative ways to further our reach leveraging existing tools and recommending best in class software that will help achieve our growth goals. Reporting directly to our Head of Media Marketing, you will be an integral member of our media and content team and will work together to develop a strategy to develop more consumable and shareable pieces of content. You will create a social media marketing calendar with a focus on producing Facebook Live content as well many other exciting projects.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales, content and customer service to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to develop opportunities for advertisers
- Product innovation, helping to identify and implement new revenue products with a particular focus on digital innovation opportunities (including social media and influencer marketing).
- Leading competitive reviews or any additional analysis necessary to inform business decisions for the media team.
- Grow our newsletter subscriber base and user list organically through social media
- Establish standard reporting on overall health of our social media channels, including best practices and recommendations for improvement
- Ensure consistency in Lift brand voice and tone across all communication channels;
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field
- 3 years of experience in email, digital, social, mobile marketing, or a combination thereof.
- Excellent organizational skills; strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly analytical
- Results-driven & bias for action
- Very thorough / detail oriented
- You have a thorough understanding of remarkable customer service looks like
- Copywriting skills considered an asset
- High visual standards, you must know the difference between a good photo and a bad one.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Proficient with Google Analytics or any other metrics reporting software
- A team player with a fantastic can-do attitude. “No” is not in your vocabulary
- Graphic Design experience considered a plus but not necessary
- Solutions orientated. Comes to the table with solutions to problems
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant and fast change
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- A full-time position with ample room to grow.
- You’ll work from our new and spacious office just off Queen and Spadina, but you’ll be able to have flexibility to set a schedule that’s most conducive to you.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Competitive salary.
- The chance to work in what is arguably the most exciting industry we’ve seen in our lifetimes, with one of the leaders in that industry.
Please email brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for Job Alerts
Content Marketing ManagerTunnelBearTorontoJan 25
Senior Java Engineer, Server-Based Marketing SystemsBrick Street SoftwareTorontoFeb 01
Product ManagerEventMobiTorontoJan 09
Sponsorship ManagerOneElevenTorontoJan 19
Customer Success ManagerMavencareTorontoJan 25