Customer Support Hero
Wave is the fastest-growing financial tool on the planet for small businesses. We’ve got awesome momentum, great venture financing in our corner, five solid products on the market and over two million users around the world. We’re on a roll, and we’re looking for a self-starting and web-savvy Customer Support Hero to help us explore and uncover the path to Wave’s next successes.
Thousands of awesome small business owners around the world are using Wave, and they all have one thing in common: They want to get their accounting out of the way so they can focus on running their business. That's where you come in.
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Success, you'll continue building our reputation of providing a different kind of customer service experience. By helping our customers use Wave more effectively, you'll be giving them back hours of their time. Maybe, just maybe, some will send you homemade chocolate chip cookies or name their first-born babies after you, in return for the liberation you provide from desktop accounting software. We do know for sure that you'll make a difference, helping great customers get a great experience from (if we do say so ourselves) a kick-ass small business app.
The Bare Necessities:
- Solid interpersonal skills ...you gotta want to help people and be jazzed about hearing from lots of interesting people with unique challenges
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken) are essential.
- Clear grasp of the fundamentals of accounting
- Must be able to type at 60 words per minute.
- High standard of professionalism.
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role where the primary means of communication were email and telephone.
- You must be legally able to work in Canada.
Nice To Have:
- Accounting and/or Payroll experience.
- Experience with Zendesk or similar ticketing systems.
- Payment processing industry knowledge and experience.
You’ll Thrive Here If You:
- Have the ability to stay organized and detail-oriented
- Have knack for time management and delivery of high performance
- Are comfortable working in a team environment
What Makes Working Here Awesome:
- A collaborative and dynamic team of individuals committed to solving hard problems
- Competitive compensation including stock options, health & fitness coverage, and a training allowance
- An awesome office with a cozy common space, Ping Pong, tons of snacks and all the Club Soda.
- An fantastic location in the vibrant Leslieville neighbourhood, where there’s no shortage of good food, drinks, arts and entertainment (check out our walk and transit score!)
- An open, entrepreneurial culture and a shared desire to change the lives of our customers
RECRUITERS PLEASE NOTE:
We are not accepting applications via recruiters at this time.
Launched in November 2010, Wave provides integrated online applications that help small business owners around the world run their businesses with accounting, invoicing, payments and payroll products. The company has secured more than US$42 million in funding, and is signing up tens of thousands of small business customers each month. Wave currently tracks more than $80 billion in small business income and spending. Wave is based in Toronto, Canada.