Clearbanc is on the lookout for a Sales Representative who is hungry and motivated to learn and take on the challenges of running a startup alongside us.
Why we wake up
Clearbanc aims to build the bank of the future. Our vision is to empower freelancers and entrepreneurs to live life the way they want.
We have a small, experienced team with a diverse set of skills to make this happen. We've founded, scaled and sold companies before and now looking to build something truly meaningful. We partnered with Uber and have exciting new products in the pipeline with other partners. We have some of the top investors in Silicon Valley and Canada behind us.
What you will be doing
- Contacting leads and understand their business and objectives, then present Clearbanc’s advance offers, renegotiate offers if required and close sales
- Answer support related questions and help onboard our users. Solve problems as they arise, working with our users to achieve the best possible result
- Set weekly sales targets with the team, and consistently meet and exceed targets
- Develop and execute a sales strategy based on Clearbanc’s evolving needs
- Track leads and users through sales funnel. Try different approaches and be able to use data to identify the approaches that work best.
- Help run experiments and drive product improvements to reduce customer frustration, friction and churn
- Collaborate with our product and engineering team to provide quantitative feedback. You’re on the front-line, no one knows what our users are thinking, better than you.
- Maintain a positive relationship with our users ensuring they have the best experience with Clearbanc
Who we are looking for
- A love for sales and numbers. At least 2 years of prior sales experience, preferably in B2C sales
- You are a hustler with a track record of exceeding sales targets
- You have strong negotiation skills and a “never give up”, positive attitude
- You’re customer driven with a strong focus on quality of service.
- Motivation and a hunger to learn. You’re not afraid to take on new challenges head-on.
- Be able to think outside the box and think creatively on how to improve the support process
- Ability to work effectively with product and engineering teams to help with the rollout of new products
- Knowledge of sales management tools (e.g. Salesforce CRM, Pipedrive, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication; ability to communicate in fluent English
- Love technology, finance, the internet and be very web-savvy. Interest in the freelancer and entrepreneur market would be a big plus
- Learn from the best! You will work one on one with our Co-Founders, Andrew D’Souza (YCF1, COO of Tophat, President of Nymi) and Michele Romanow (Tech Titan and Dragon’s Den star) as well as our other super talented team members
- Free healthy lunch provided by the best local restaurants (except on cheat-Fridays).
- Friday drinks and demo
- Convenient downtown Toronto location
As a company, we're constantly moving and learning, this means that times often get stressful and things break. Hopefully, you will be calm and organized, yet resourceful and enthusiastic enough to tackle these problems that arise everyday.
We can't wait to meet you!
Additional Application InstructionsEmail your resume and a short video telling us about yourself, why you’d be great and why you want the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for Job Alerts
Regional Sales RepresentativeChefheroTorontoMar 14
Marketing Director / Demand GenerationPlumWaterlooFeb 28
Sr. Software Developer (.NET)gdR | Grossman Dorland RecruitingTorontoJan 24
ShiftPosts - On-boarding Specialist at ShiftPostsShiftPostsTorontoFeb 24
ShiftPosts - On-boarding Specialist at ShiftPostsShiftPostsVancouverFeb 24