Senior Front-End Developer
Wave is the fastest-growing financial tool on the planet for small businesses. We’ve got awesome momentum, great venture financing in our corner, seven products and services on the market and over 2.3 million customers around the world. We’re on a roll, and we’re looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to help us build our brand and spread our message to the world. We’re building an extraordinary new marketing team. You build amazing online experiences. Coincidence? We think not.
Reporting to SVP Marketing and Sales, you will:
- Work together with a small team of copywriters, designers, marketers and developers, to build and optimize a range of web pages, sites and online tools
- Implement designs in clean, readable, and responsive HTML and CSS
- Write code with scalability, reusability, and performance in mind
- Bridge the gap between front-end developers and back-end engineering
- Provide extraordinary user experiences in digital media
The Bare Necessities:
- Minimum 5 years of experience and a well-rounded portfolio of projects under your belt.
- Experience collaborating directly with designers — you know how to implement pixel-perfect designs, and when to push back.
- Exceptional communication and team skills — we spend most of our time working closely together.
- You feel right at home in the terminal and are comfortable with git and build/dist tools such as npm or grunt.
- Familiarity with backend programming languages like PHP or Python, and a web framework like Rails or Django.
- A love for results-oriented execution: You're excited by A/B testing, experimentation, optimization, conversion and other growth metrics, and have familiarity with analytics methodologies, frameworks, and tooling.
- Demonstrated concern for additional front-end meta concerns, like performance and accessibility.
- Initiative and self-direction, and the ability to iterate quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid environment where formal requirements or guidelines are not always available.
- Experience providing feedback and mentoring to other front-end developers.
- You must be legally able to work in Canada to apply for this role.
You’ll Thrive Here If:
- You want to make a difference at one of Canada's most exciting Fintech companies.
- You want to make a difference to small business owners around the world.
- You have massive energy and love a fast pace.
- You share our goal of creating an internationally recognized, award-winning marketing team.
- You’re highly creative and can use data to inform all decisions.
What Makes Working Here Awesome:
- One of Canada’s most extraordinary Fintech companies, Wave recently was named to the Deloitte Fast 50 list, with 1,640% revenue growth.
- We're recognized as one of Canada’s Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2016.
- A collaborative and dynamic team of individuals committed to solving hard problems
- Competitive compensation including stock options, health & fitness coverage, and a training allowance
- An awesome office with a cozy common space, Ping Pong, tons of snacks and all the Club Soda.
- A fantastic location in the vibrant Leslieville neighbourhood, where there’s no shortage of good food, drinks, arts and entertainment (check out our walk and transit score!)
- An open, entrepreneurial culture and a shared desire to change the lives of our customers
RECRUITERS PLEASE NOTE:
We are not accepting applications via recruiters at this time.
Launched in November 2010, Wave provides integrated online applications that help small business owners around the world run their businesses with accounting, invoicing, payments and payroll products. The company has secured more than US$53.8 million in funding, and is signing up tens of thousands of small business customers each month. Wave currently tracks more than $175 billion in small business income and spending. Wave is based in Toronto, Canada.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Front-End DevelopergdR | Grossman Dorland RecruitingTorontoJan 24
Front End DeveloperMavencareTorontoFeb 23
Back End DeveloperMavencareTorontoFeb 23
Android DeveloperMavencareTorontoFeb 24