Chief Product Officer at Lift (Cannabis!)
Canada’s existing federal medical cannabis program is the most sophisticated and advanced in the world, and with a government that has pledged to put forth legislation legalizing cannabis for recreational use this spring, Canada is poised to be the largest federally-regulated system and will set the global standard for all other nations to follow - and Lift (www.lift.co) is positioned at the centre of it all.
While access to cannabis has never been greater, confusion abounds for consumers looking to determine if (a) cannabis is right for them; and (b) which product in particular will best satisfy their needs. Founded in 2014, Lift has quickly become Canada’s leading resource for cannabis education and product information. By utilizing the right mix of media and technology solutions, Lift creates informed cannabis consumers and equips them with the confidence to make the best purchase decisions for their needs.
We’ve recently set up a new head office in Toronto (Queen and Spadina) and are expanding our team. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, and 103% amazing Chief Product Officer.
As CPO, you will guide a team that is charged with improving Lift's web app and soon-to-be-launched mobile app. You will build features from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand the problems experienced by our customers, and find innovative solutions.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going surveys and interviews with customers and non-customers (both online and in-person at the Lift Expo, for example).
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily - Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- 3+ years of software marketing/product management experience.
- Knowledgeable in technology.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- A full-time position with ample room to grow.
- You’ll work from our new and spacious (and air-conditioned) office just off Queen and Spadina, but you’ll be able to have flexibility to set a schedule that’s most conducive to you.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Competitive salary.
- Stock options.
- The chance to work in what is arguably the most exciting industry we’ve seen in our lifetimes, with one of the leaders in that industry.