Customer Success Manager
Canopy Labs (http://www.canopylabs.com/) is a Toronto-based predictive customer analytics company, specializing in personalizing e-mail, website, call centre, and other marketing channels for B2C companies. Founded in 2012, Canopy Labs works with major retailers, ticketing companies, and non-profits to optimize nearly $20B in annual revenue. Prominent customers include JetBlue, BMO, Indigo, the Buffalo Bills, the Art Gallery of Ontario, and many more.
Canopy Labs is a Y Combinator-funded company, and also backed by Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures and BDC IT Ventures Fund.
The company is composed of 23 people and currently expanding its operations in the US. In an effort to continue on its growth path, Canopy Labs is looking to expand its sales and marketing team.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will work with the broader sales, marketing, and customer success team to directly grow revenue. Your job is to build an understanding of companies’ customer experience and analytics goals, provide strategic support and advice to these customers. You will be working with major retailers, sports teams, airlines, and ecommerce companies.
You will come armed with rock-solid communication skills, including the ability to translate technical details and requirements to a non-technical audience with confidence. You should also be results-driven and invested in both the success of Canopy Labs, our customers and our customers' customers.
The role is a fantastic opportunity to join a high-growth company focused on analytics and Software-as-a-Service. You will receive training in modern customer success strategies and techniques, as well as gain significant exposure to AI- and data-driven marketing and optimization.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Lead relationship development with major retail, travel, arts, and other companies
- Support post-sales and onboarding processes with your accounts
- Coach our customers to use our platform effectively
- Provide Canopy Labs developers and product managers with customer feedback to help us continuously improve our product offering
- Report on overall product performance
- Analyze customers’ needs and reduce the risk of contract cancellations
- Liaise with the sales department to win new business and increase upsell opportunities
- Help to improve and establish best practices/processes
- Participate in regular training seminars and learn how the broader Canopy Labs organization develops, promotes, and sells analytics technologies
- 1+ years of experience in junior or mid-level customer-facing sales roles (including business development, sales, customer support, etc.)
- Comfort working with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and generating plans to achieve aggressive KPI targets
- Proficient communication skills, with a particular focus on English language writing skills
- Undergraduate degree in business, commerce, or related field; applicants with MBAs are also welcome
- Comfort with working independently in fast-paced and unstructured environments
- Comfort with Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with digital marketing, retail, or ticketing industries a plus
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Full health benefits
- Free snacks, drinks, and Friday team lunches
- Biweekly house cleaning
- Monthly TTC metropass
- Annual budget for tech and sport
- Adjustable sit/stand desks, 4K monitors, and Apple laptops
- Relaxed office with casual attire and ping-pong
- Monthly training workshops, guest speakers, and other professional development opportunities