Sr. Full Stack Java/Scala Software Engineer
About the Position
Schedule1 Inc. is seeking a senior, full stack, Java+Scala developer in Toronto to join it in building an innovative data centric security technology based on Apache Spark, IBM Hyperledger and machine learning technologies. Candidates with mastery over every layer of the development stack, capable of delivering enterprise grade applications from requirements combining software design and coding skills will be considered.
This position requires creativity, high technical skills and the ability to independently deliver a complete software project throughout its entire life cycle using Java technologies in the cloud and on-premise.
If you’re passionate about your craft and interested in joining a growing team of professionals that are dedicated to seeing their ideas become products that our clients love, we’re interested in hearing from you.
The full stack java developer will be responsible for the following:
- Work with the chief architect and data scientist to understand the high level design and functional specifications for the required solution.
- Design the processing environments, the enterprise application logic, the technology stack, and the data structures of the required solution.
- Develop and deploy a complete enterprise grade platform as a SaaS service, incorporating Apache Spark, Hyperledger, cryptography, cloud services and big data technologies.
- Provide technical guidance and support during pre-sale and ongoing engagements as required.
- At least 3 years experience developing applications using Java, Apache Spark and Scala, HDFS and relational databases
- Demonstrable experience working with enterprise clients, gathering business and technical requirements and designing enterprise level solutions.
- Demonstrable experience designing, developing and deploying large scale, enterprise grade SaaS offerings
- Knowledge about integrating with corporate security technologies (e.g. LDAP, CyberArk, DLP, GRC)
- Highly developed problem-solving skills, capable of independently delivering a complete solution from design to deployment
- Experience working with Machine Learning technologies, Blockchain and GO language
- Experience building solutions using Bluemix technologies and SoftLayer
- Experience working with Host Security Modules, Cryptography and PKCS #11
Skills & Requirements
Required candidate experience and skills/capabilities include:
Desired candidate experience and skills/capabilities may include:
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Attention to detail
- Personal Suitability: Organized, Accurate, Judgement, Initiative, Team player
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Languages: English
- Job start date: As Soon as Possible
- Terms of employment: Permanent, Full Time
- Employer: Schedule1 Inc. (Toronto-Core)
Sign up for Job Alerts
Sr. Software Developer (.NET)gdR | Grossman Dorland RecruitingTorontoJan 24
Sr. Backend EngineergdR | Grossman Dorland RecruitingTorontoJan 24
Senior Java Engineer, Server-Based Marketing SystemsBrick Street SoftwareTorontoFeb 01
Software DeveloperEventMobiTorontoJan 09
Software DeveloperDash MDTorontoJan 15