Job Posting Title: Events Coordinator
Company: OneEleven - http://www.oneeleven.com
OneEleven is looking for a talented Events Coordinator who is passionate about entrepreneurship and interested in having a meaningful impact on the Canadian tech ecosystem. We’re looking for creators, leaders and self-starters to join our awesome team!
The Events Coordinator must be results-oriented and should never settle. They will be involved with three key areas of operations:
- Coordinate OneEleven community events and programming initiatives
- Work closely with our Community Manager to develop initiatives that add value to our community of entrepreneurs
- Support the Events & Projects Specialist with large-scale initiatives that strengthen the OneEleven community
OneEleven is a post-seed tech accelerator focused on helping Canada’s most promising, high-growth startups commercialize their technologies and scale their operations. Our mission is to enable Canada’s best startups to relentlessly focus on value creation and business growth. Our vision is to help the next generation of Canadian tech companies compete and win on the global stage.
- Work relentlessly to foster the most incredible startup community in Canada through events and programming.
- Coordinate marketing and events with sponsors and partners.
- Help secure sponsorship for initiatives.
- Work closely with our Community Manager to develop meaningful and creative initiatives for the OneEleven community
- Work closely with the Events & Projects Specialist to coordinate logistics for large-scale events
- Develop partnerships with key event stakeholders for catering, rentals, décor, etc.
- Must be willing to work outside of regular office hours.
- Other duties as needed.
- Develop meaningful and high impact programming and events that will add value to our startup founders and their teams.
- Responsible for overall coordination, logistics, organization and execution of OneEleven community events, such as Demo Days, Meetups, Lunch & Learns, Community Socials. Logistics include: Coordination of speakers, catering, Audio/Video setup, event setup, event promotion, presentation preparation, etc.).
- Ownership of Events Space: Identify revenue-generating opportunities for the space that align with OneEleven’s objectives while minimizing disruptions to the OneEleven community.
- Focus on data-driven decision making for events – utilize surveys to determine topics of interest to our community, and feedback surveys after events.
- Develop event marketing materials including: event registration page and design, event graphics, event content, etc. as required.
- Support marketing, advertising, and promotional initiatives for OneEleven events as required.
- Manage event communication channels to promote events to the OneEleven community.
- Assist with updating content on the OneEleven website and social media outlets.
- Conduct tours of OneEleven with stakeholders.
Skills and Requirements:
- 3 to 5 years of events experience.
- Passionate about technology, entrepreneurship and community building.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task and meet very stringent deadlines.
- Technologically proficient.
- Strong work ethic.
- Post-secondary degree.
- Basic design skills an asset.
- Sales, customer service, business operations, and project management experience an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. OneEleven is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.