Cloud Developer, Team Lead
InteraXon has launched the second generation of our consumer wearable EEG product "Muse: the brain sensing headband" in the US, Canada, and internationally. The Muse mobile app teaches users how to meditate while giving them real-time feedback on how they are doing. It helps to solve some fundamental difficulties with learning to meditate, such as: "how do I do it?", "how do I know if I am doing it right?", and "how do I stay motivated?". Over the holidays, we unveiled our newest innovation, the Smith Lowdown Focus mpowered by Muse at CES 2017, a collaboration with Smith Optics. This latest innovation moves the Muse brain sensing technology into a stylish form factor that can fit into an athlete's lifestyle. The app will feature tools that help athletes train their mind and build focus on or off the field. Our goal is to unlock human potential.
We are seeking a talented Cloud developer to join our team as a Team Lead. This role will report directly to the VP, Engineering. Mentorship of junior developers as well as technical leadership will be key elements of the role as we embark on multiple key priorities in 2017 involving our new product and the MUSE headband.
Our Tech Stack
We use React.js on the front end, Google App Engine running Python using the Flask micro-framework for REST API calls to the server. We also use a range of Google Cloud Platform services: Google Compute Engine, Task Queues, Pub/Sub, Google File Storage, Datastore, and BigQuery.
What We Are Looking For
There are four main questions we are trying to answer when finding someone to join our team:
- do you like what we are building?,
- do you get along with everyone on the team?
- do you like what you do?
- are you amazing at what you do?
Skills we are looking for:
- Experience managing a team of developers
- React.js (or Angular or Ember experience)
- Python (we use Flask framework)
- Google App Engine (or AWS or Azure experience)
- MySQL and one of the NoSQL databases such as google cloud datastore, Mongo, Dynamo, Couch, etc.
- Experience building REST APIs
- Understanding of web development
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and computer science principles
- Comfortable in Git
- Familiarity with software development life cycle and agile methodology
- Experience with writing clear, straightforward, and concise code
- Computer Science degree, Masters desired
- Experience with unit testing and end-to-end testing methodologies
Where we are
We are located in Toronto at 511 King Street West in vibrant King West. The 504 King and 510 Spadina streetcars are steps from our office. Excellent coffee shops abound on all sides.
Benefits & Perks
- Excellent health benefits package
- Stock options
- Be part of a tight-knit, trusting, authentic, joyful, lively, and human-focused team
- Meditation and yoga sessions each week
- Rooftop patio with BBQ
If this sounds like your dream job tell us why you're interested in working at InteraXon.
Our mission is to create engaging and meaningful experiences based on brain sensing technology -- apps that help people live healthier and happier lives. We design, engineer, and implement these systems in-house from the ground up with our robust, agile, and diverse team. Our work environment behind-the-scenes reflects the core values that drive every product InteraXon builds.